Merrington Carp Fishe Read more [...]
You can find Greenwood Fishery in 8 acres of Cheshire heartland.
Greenwood Fishery has 2 lakes and the specimen lake is the Kingfisher lake. Stocked with carp to 25lb there is a good chance to net a 20+ if you don’t mind bashing a few pasties first.
Greenwood Fishery also offers 7 Bivvy swims and 4 wooden cabin swims and really good facilities for disabled anglers. The rules are not too restricting and the prices are reasonable with £8 for a day ticket(2 rods) and £20 for 24 hours for a bivvy swim. If you fish for 24 hours you can fish 3 rods however with the lake being on the small side with a lot of swims I wouldn’t recommend this myself.
- All persons fishing must be in possession of a current Environment Agency rod licence.
- You need an Environment Agency rod licence for up to two rods, or two separate licences if you have three or four rods.
- Day fishing is strictly between 6am-dusk, 1st April – 31st Sept and 7:30-dusk, 1st Oct – 31st March.
- All nets must be dipped and rinsed in the disinfectant bins provided before fishing
- . No keepnets unless by explicit arrangement with the bailiff e.g. for matches
- No barbed hooks, treble or multihook tackle permitted – barbless only
- No livebait, bloodworm, tiger nuts or jokers. No tinned pet food
- Groundbait and boilies only to be used in moderation
- Unhooking mats are compulsory
- All hooks and lines must be out of the water when not fishing
- Keep to the boundaries of the fishery and don’t climb on the banks
- No interfering with the wildlife, plants, trees and shrubs
- No lighting fires
- No firearms or weapons of any kind
- All radios and mobile phones must be inaudible to other anglers
- No making of unnecessary noise which could upset other anglers
- Do not leave litter or discarded fishing line or hooks on the pegs or banks. Please take home or use the bins provided
- Anyone found committing malicious damage on the site will be banned from the fishery
- Don’t remove any fish from the lake, anyone doing so will be prosecuted
- . Always hold the fish low and carefully over a carp mat. It may struggle and end up getting dropped and injured
- No fishing in the demarcated rushy area next to the jetty between May and September The fish are spawning in the rushes at this time.
- Day ticket 1 rod – £6.50
- Day ticket 2 rods – £8.00
- Day ticket concessions 1 rod – £5.50
- Day ticket concessions 2 rods – £7.00
- 24 hours 3 rods (Bivvy Swims) £20.00
- 48 hours 3 rods (Bivvy Swims) £38.00
- 24 hour 3 rods (Cabin swims) £25.00
- 48 hour 3 rods (Cabin swims) £48.00