Bury Hill Fisheries i Read more [...]
Blackthorn Fishery is a beautiful 4 acre carp fishery near Oswestry in the North of Shropshire, on the Welsh border. If you’re looking for unspoilt countryside and a peaceful venue away from the noise of modern day life, this is the place for you.
Blackthorn Fishery is purpose built with the carp angler in mind. It is situated in a truly remote location on private ground without public access. You are guaranteed plenty of space when you fish at Blackthorn. It’s the perfect place to get away from it all, and enjoy premium fishing at its best.
The lake is home to some of the best quality British fish you can find. The sovereign strain were supplied by Viv Shears and Simon Scott of VS Fisheries. These carp have bags of character with a wide variety of scale patterns. The first batch of fish were introduced in February 2011 up to 24lb. In April 2015 a new lake record of 34lb 15oz was set.
For those looking for the luxury fishing experience, there is the opportunity to book the fully-furnished lakeside log cabin. This is proving very popular with couples. The site also has toilet and shower facilities and secure CCTV monitored lake and parking for all anglers.
Rules for Blackthorn Fishery
- Fishing and lake viewing by appointment only
- 2 rods only Mar-Oct – 3 rods Nov-Feb
- No Littering
- No fish to be added or removed from the lake.
- No under 16’s without parent/guardian
- No tents/gazebos, Bivvies only
- No dogs
- Rods must not be left unattended
- All anglers must use the unhooking mats, weigh slings & landing nets provided
- Fish must me moved in slings at all times
- Photos to be take over an unhooking mat kneeling and not standing
- Please use Carp antiseptic if necessary
- Barbless hooks only
- No keep nets or sacks
- Minimum 15lb mainline
- No braided mainline
- No nuts
- No long curved shanked hooks
- No fixed leads
- Radios must be kept to a reasonable volume
- No Alcohol, Drugs, swimming or fires
- No Bait boats or dinghies. Do not use the boat on site
- No Antisocial behaviour
Prices for Blackthorn Fishery
Mar 1st – Oct 31st £25/24 hours 2 rods
Nov 1st – Feb 28th £25/24 hours 3 rods